Notice: Passports are currently taking 18 weeks for normal processing. Please call 507-444-7450 to schedule your appointment.
CLICK HERE FOR PASSPORT APPLICATION
To expedite the application process, you may pick up an
application from the Recorder’s Office or on line from the U.S. Department of State website.
Please call our office to schedule an appointment to apply for a passport. All persons applying for a passport, regardless of age, must appear in person.
- Children, age 15 & under, must be accompanied by parent/parents with photo ID
- Children, age 16 & 17, must be accompanied by one parent with a photo ID
The following items are required:
- Certified copy of your birth certificate or your original naturalization papers.
- Passport photo
- County Recorder's Office: $20.00
- Other locations: Walgreens or Wal-Mart
- Driver's license or another form of photo identification.
|1. U. S. Department of State:|
|Passport:||$80.00 (ages 15 & under)|
|Passport Card:||$30.00 (ages 16 & over)|
|Passport Card:||$15.00 (ages 15 & under)|
|Passport & Passport Card:||$140.00 (ages 16 & over)|
|Passport & Passport Card:||$95.00 (ages 15 & under)|
|2. Steele County Recorder:||$35.00 (+ cost of photos ($20.00) if taken by the Recorder's office.)|
|*U.S. Department of State fees (#1) are required to have a separate check or money order for each passport application.|
|* Recorder’s fees (#2) payment may be combined with other family members. Acceptable payments for this fee are personal check, money order, cash, or credit card.
(Note: There is a convenience fee if paying with credit card.)
Delivery of your passport, in less than normal delivery time, will require some or all of the following additional fees:
- Expedite fee: $60.00 per application - U.S. Department of State
- Express mail: $26.35 - Steele County Recorder
- Express return mail: $17.56 - U.S. Department of State