All persons applying for a passport, regardless of age, must appear in person no later than 4:30 p.m. (Monday - Friday)
- Children, age 15 & under, must be accompanied by parent/parents with photo ID
- Children, age 16 & 17, must be accompanied by one parent with a photo ID
The following items are required:
- Certified copy of your birth certificate or your original naturalization papers.
- Passport photo
- County Recorder's Office: $15.00
- Other locations: Walgreens or Wal-Mart
- Driver's license or another form of photo identification.
|1. U. S. Department of State:|
|Passport:||$80.00 (ages 15 & under)|
|Passport Card:||$30.00 (ages 16 & over)|
|Passport Card:||$15.00 (ages 15 & under)|
|Passport & Passport Card:||$140.00 (ages 16 & over)|
|Passport & Passport Card:||$95.00 (ages 15 & under)|
|2. Steele County Recorder:||$35.00 (+ cost of photos ($15.00) if taken by the Recorder's office.)|
|*U.S. Department of State fees (#1) are required to have a separate check or money order for each passport application.|
|* Recorder’s fees (#2) payment may be combined with other family members. Acceptable payments for this fee are personal check, money order, cash, or credit card.
(Note: There is a convenience fee if paying with credit card.)
Delivery of your passport, in less than normal delivery time, will require some or all of the following additional fees:
- Expedite fee: $60.00 per application - U.S. Department of State
- Express mail: $24.70 - Steele County Recorder
- Express return mail: $15.89 - U.S. Department of State
A copy of your travel itinerary is required if you need your passport in 10 days or less.