CARES Nonprofit Relief Grant Program EXTENDED
Applicants will have until 5:00 pm on October 30, 2020 to submit required application and materials.
- Applicant must be established, operated and domiciled in Steele County.
- Applicant must be physically located within Steele County. If there is a parent organization/company or a second location, only the entity located in or serving residents in Steele County may apply to receive a grant and grant funds issued must be used for the local organization’s or agency’s expenditures.
- Applicant must be a registered nonprofit organization and provide an explanation of nonprofit type.
- Applicant must be in good standing with the Minnesota Secretary of State and the Minnesota Department of Revenue as of March 1, 2020. If there is an issue pending with the Minnesota Secretary of State, Applicant may still apply for the grant, but will need to demonstrate the issue has been satisfactorily resolved in order to be eligible and receive grant funds.
- If required, Applicant must be licensed, in good standing.
- Applicant must be current on property taxes.
- Applicant must have been in operation since November 1, 2019.
- Applicant must disclose all federal, state or local grant or loan applications for which applicant has applied, which has been received or remains pending at the time of application.
Examples of Eligible Uses of Grant Funds
Funds may be used to cover operating expenses or other critical business expenses to modify operations as a result of the public health emergency, including:
- Lease or mortgage payments, except for government leases
- Accounts payable (AP) if the AP is a COVID-19 related expense incurred since March 1, 2020.
- Payroll related to COVID-19 unless the nonprofit received Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) funds or pandemic unemployment insurance (UI) to assist with payroll expenses incurred after March 1, 2020.
- Reopening costs or safety improvement costs expended since March 1, 2020 (i.e. personal protective equipment, plexiglass, cleaning products, etc.)
- Operating utilities or fees for those facilities interrupted or forced to shut down incurred between March 1, 2020 and the application deadline.
- Increased programmatic costs as a result of expanding program services to respond to the public health emergency and mitigate the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Applications and associated material will be accepted until 5:00 pm on October 30, 2020.
Click here for:
- Eligibility, Guidelines, Uses and Application Process
- Certification of Expenses Form: this form is completed once the grant is awarded and before the grant payment is issued.
All Complete Applications and Materials shall be emailed to: CRFApplications@co.steele.mn.us
Please call 507-444-7400, if you have questions.