CARES Business Relief Grant Program EXTENDED
Applicants will have until 5:00 pm on October 30, 2020 to submit required application and materials.
The County set aside $672,000 for the CARES Act Business Grant Programs in Steele County. These funds were intended to help all businesses in Steele County whether they be located in the unincorporated areas of Steele County or supporting one of the four City CARES Act Programs.
The city programs have now expired and there are still funds available from the County.
Steele County will continue to provide grants up to $10,000 to assist eligible businesses/organizations adversely affected by the pandemic that have not already received funding from a Steele County City and/or a Township CARES Act Fund of $10,000 or more on a first come, first serve basis.
Businesses must meet all of the following criteria as of March 1, 2020 in order to be eligible for the County CARES Business Grant Program:
- Private, for profit business with a physical establishment in the Unincorporated area within Steele County.
- Be in good standing with the Minnesota Department of Revenue and Secretary of State, the County, and the City as of March 1, 2020
- Ability to demonstrate the business was adversely affected by an Executive Order related to COVID-19 or experienced a significant financial hardship as a direct result of COVID-19
- Business has been in operation since November 1, 2019
- Employs 100 or less full-time equivalent (FTE) employees
**NOTE: Businesses that received any federal relief funds such as the Small Business Administration (SBA), Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL), or Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) are still eligible for the County CARES Business Assistance Program, BUT if awarded grant funds, must use County funds for other eligible expenses.
Applications and associated materials will be accepted until 5:00 pm on October 30, 2020.
Funds cannot be used to replace lost revenues or pay for taxes under the Federal Guidelines. Funds may be used to cover operating expenses, including payroll, rent/lease payments, mortgage payments, utilities, payments to suppliers, or other critical business expenses including business consulting to modify business operations as a result of the public health emergency and as approved and authorized by the program.
Use of funds subject to verification to ensure compliance as required under the Federal CARES Act program requirements.
Click here for:
- Eligibility, Guidelines, Uses and Application Process
- Certification of Expenses Form: this form is completed once the grant is awarded and before the grant payment is issued.
All Complete Applications and Materials shall be emailed to: CRFApplications@co.steele.mn.us
Please call 507-444-7400, if you have questions