The Steele County Environmental Services office is located in the lower level of the Steele County Administration Center, 630 Florence Ave, Owatonna MN 55060.
The Environmental Services Office provides information and assistance with environmental health issues and concerns (i.e. indoor air quality, public health nuisances, water quality), coordinates a well water testing program, oversees the county landfill operation, and implements the county solid waste management programs such as recycling, household hazardous waste, and waste education.
- Steele County Landfill
- Solid Waste Ordinance 1998
- A to Z Disposal Guide
- Recycling Program
- Household Hazardous Waste
- Yard Waste Composting
- Steele County Water Plan 2017-2021
- Well Water Testing
- Abandoned Well Sealing Cost-Share Program
- Septic System Loan Program
- Agricultural Best Management Practices Loan Program
- Indoor Air Quality
- Carbon Monoxide
Public Health Nuisance Complaints
Conditions which affect health or safety of the general public, are handled through this department. Commonly these include vermin such as rats or cockroaches and garbage.
Additional resources on recycling, solid waste management, and environmental issues
- Cleanup of Clandestine Drug Lab Sites Ordinance
|Hours:||8:00 - 5:00 p.m. Monday - Friday|