Welcome to the County Administration Page
County Administration is located on the first floor of the Steele County Administration Center at 630 Florence Ave.
Provide consultation, support, strategic direction, and services to the County staff and Board to promote effective and efficient delivery of services to the public in a transparent and fiscally responsible manner.
Department Description and Services Provided
The County Administrator is the administrative head of Steele County and is responsible for the overall management of county operations and for carrying out all decisions, policies, ordinances, and resolutions of the Board of Commissioners. The administrator reports directly to the board and acts as a liaison between the board and its staff. The Administrator also serves as the Public Information Director for the County.
Significant elements of the County Administrator’s position are to:
- Develop and advance policy, program, and project initiatives
- Ensure the implementation of the mission of Steele County, to effectively provide services for the health, safety, and general welfare of the public
- Develop and post county meeting schedules
- Organize and distribute committee and Board meeting agenda packets
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget
- Supervise appointed Department Heads and perform general administrative duties
- Promote positive and beneficial relationships between and among the public, private, and nonprofit sectors as well as the greater citizenry of the county
- Foster the development of a professional and productive organizational culture to ensure the delivery of quality public services for the citizens of Steele County
- Maintain a responsive, adaptable, and customer-oriented public service system
- Promote the public trust through responsible fiscal management, open and consistent communication, and a realistic long-term vision
- Protect the ongoing viability of taxpayer dollars and promote the larger economic vitality of the county as a whole
|Hours:||8:00 - 5:00 p.m. Monday - Friday|