The mission of Steele County’s Office of Geographic Systems (GIS) is to develop, implement and maintain geographically based information for county departments, other local governmental bodies, private companies, and the general public. This office is located in the lower level of the Steele County Administration Center.
Some of the specific responsibilities of the GIS Office are:
- Maintaining Steele County’s parcel map
- Map production
- Assignment of addresses and maintenance for the E911 rural addressing system
- Plat book production and maintenance
- Maintaining the GIS internet-based services
- Maintenance of all geo-spatial information
The goal of the Steele County GIS is to provide the necessary tools to help make informed decisions, reduce duplication of duties and to increase productivity for anyone working with geographic information.
In the Interactive GIS Maps system you will find Parcel Data such as the legal description, value information, tax information, special assessments, receipts, unpaid tax and tax history. You can search by parcel number(PIN) or E911 address.