Request email notification when page changes
photo
 
Home » Departments » Court Services/Probation » Programs and Forms

Programs and Forms

Adult Programs

SCRAM (Alcohol Monitoring)
Steele County Probation Services uses the Secure Continuous Remote Alcohol Monitoring (SCRAM) system for the monitoring of some clients' compliance with an order to abstain from the use of alcohol.

The SCRAM bracelet is a non-removable device that is worn around the ankle.  The SCRAM bracelet test's an individual's insensible perspiration for the presence of alcohol.  Readings are gathered every thirty minutes 24 hours per day.

The SCRAM bracelet is primarily used as a condition of pre-trial release, as a condition of probation, or as a consequence for violating probation.  The SCRAM program was established in Steele County in August 2009.  As of June 2011, Steele County Probation Services has served 134 SCRAM clients.  There have been only 15 confirmed violations.

The SCRAM bracelet costs $10 per day. Steele County Probation Services requires that the client pay the first two weeks up front ($140). Payments can only be made by cashier's check or money order.

Remote Electronic Alcohol Monitoring (REAM) Grant
The REAM Grant is available to adult indigent DWI offenders who have been ordered to complete alcohol monitoring as a condition of probation or pre-trial release.  Steele County’s REAM Program includes the grant paying for 75% of the monitoring cost, leaving the offender paying 25%.  Any eligibility questions can be directed to Steele County Probation Services.

Steele/Waseca Drug Court
Drug Court is a voluntary program created by the District Court that allows eligible defendants to reduce their prison or jail sentence in exchange for completing substance abuse treatment and other conditions.  The duration of Drug Court is a minimum of eighteen months.

Drug Court is a proven model for addressing substance abuse in a judicial environment with clear and specific expectations and goals.  The Drug Court uses a team approach to deliver evidence-based practices including rigorous treatment, intensive supervision, random and frequent drug and alcohol testing, frequent court appearances, licensed mental-health service providers, and educational programming to participants.

For more information about Steele/Wascea Drug Court contact: Nicole Grams  (507) 461-7315

Thinking For a Change (T4C)
Thinking for a Change (T4C) is an integrated, cognitive behavior change program for offenders that includes cognitive restructuring, social skills development, and development of problem-solving skills.

T4C is designed for delivery to small groups in 25 lessons and can be expanded on to meet the needs of specific participant group. The curriculum was developed by Barry Glick, Ph.D., Jack Bush, Ph.D., and Juliana Taymans, Ph.D., in cooperation with the National Institute of Corrections.

The T4C program is used in prisons, jails, community corrections, probation, and parole supervision settings. Participants include adults and juveniles, males and females. More than 8,000 correctional staff have been trained as T4C group facilitators. More than 400 trainers in 80-plus agencies are preparing additional staff to facilitate the program with offenders.

Correctional agencies can consider Thinking for a Change as one option in a continuum of interventions to address the cognitive, social, and emotional needs of their offender populations.

Juvenile Programs Forms

Juvenile Diversion Program
The Diversion Program is an opportunity for most first time, low level offenders.  This program allows participates to complete certain conditions within a certain period of time.  Upon successful completion of these conditions, the citation will be dismissed and will not be made a part of the juvenile court record.  Probation Services keeps a record that the juvenile has participated in the Diversion Program.

Truancy Court

 

| Home | County Board | Elected & Appointed Officials | Community Information | Steele County Administration | Calendar | Tax Information | Public Health & Human Services | Public Safety | Public Works | Four Seasons Centre | Departments | Employment | Facts & Figures | FAQ | Links | Contact Us | About Steele County | Disclaimer | Employee Email | Site Map | Login